Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

So yes, things have changed just a little bit since we got here. We are getting more and more comfy in our little apartment every day. I did get a new job. Vanessa got everything right. They had a web developer position open up that required some adobe suite skills, and knew that I had a little and so offered me that position. They said it had nothing to do with my project management skills, which I guess I believe, but between you and me, I was complete rubbish at it. There is a very fundamental difference between doing, making, and creating, and getting someone else to do, make, or create something. That something was usually a really convoluted report. This new job is much better for me, and I've already been able to learn a whole bunch and have actually felt useful. That's really nice.

So on the whole, Indiana has been pretty nice. It's still in the 60's here most of the time which is lovely, and the leaves are changing now. My office building is right on the shore of the Ohio river, and it can be a spectacular view, to the point of distraction. I still get distracted by the leviathan river barges as they push their load upstream and downstream. If I catch one in the corner of my eye, I immediately turn into a 5 year old boy, totally incapable of focusing on the matter at hand, generally a meeting or discussion that I'm suppose to be leading. The birds are fun here too. They are flying south for the winter, and some of the flocks are so large, you cannot see the ending or the beginning of them. They literally stretch for miles. I've been trying to capture how cool that is with my camera, but have failed to do so so far.

Anyway, enough blabbing. Here are some pictures that I just processed for your viewing pleasure. The stacks and pipes are actually the steam stacks of the power plants that my company owns and operates. It's my silly attempt to be a little bit like Michael Kenna.



5 comments:

NessaAnn said...

Tomorrow's the first leg of the trip... I'm comin' home! Hooray!!

Mike and Emily said...

Cool pictures, bro. Keep them coming....

The Crazy Clawson's said...

ok so congrats on everything, the move and new baby and what ever else things have happened since i saw you pregnant....i hope life is treating you good......im glad you do this whole blogging thing as well it is nice to keep track of all the nauvoo sisters

leah said...

what the heck. where are you? Indiana? At first when I was quickly glancing through I thought you were in india and I'll be honest I wouldn't put it past you. Hope you are well. Leah

Anonymous said...

I love your smoke stacks.........Z