Saturday, June 6, 2009

Crocodile Tears

Jed's learned the traditional art of fake crying, much to his parent's delight. Yesterday, after my flat refusal to feed him sausage for breakfast, he threw himself around the dining room, bewailing his lot. He moaned and cast himself about, wandering around the house like a tortured soul. After about twenty minutes of wailing and gnashing of teeth, he charged into the kitchen. "LOOK, Mom, LOOK!" he ordered, pointing to his face. I glanced down at the spot, which held no visible trauma. He frowned. "Mom, LOOK!" I peered closer. Ohhhhhhh. Huge, fake tears leaked from his puppy dog eyes down onto his reddened cheeks. I laughed. "Is that a tear, Jed?" "YES, Mom!" he choked out. "I SAD!" He gave me a reproachful, accusatory gaze. How could I be so cold hearted in the face of his obvious suffering?

3 comments:

Shiloh said...

What a cutie. That is a valuable art he has picked up! ;) I haven't used that one in a while-- I'll have to pull it out next time I don't get sausage for breakfast!
Sure do miss you Vanessa!!!

Brooke said...

Surely those were real tears. You refused your boy SAUSAGE for goodness sake! By the way what kind of sausage is it that he loves so much? Just regular sausage patties or links or what?

Mike and Emily said...

that is hilarious!