Monday, April 16, 2007

Growing up.

This morning Jed and I were cuddling on the bed in between loads of laundry. He was smiling and making little chuckling noises as I tickled his cheeks and armpits. His big smiles are irresistible. Yesterday he learned a new trick--grabbing mom's hair in a tight little fist and pulling as hard as he can! Wheeee! What fun!

Anyway, so there we are playing and giggling on the bed when he looks up at me, broad smile, then his eyes crossed, rolled back in his head, and he was asleep. Instantaneously. Cute little darlin'. He woke up two and a half hours later.

He's asleep in my lap right now, hands up clenched in two chubby little fists, long eyelashes veiling buttoned close eyes.

I'm in love.

Today I boxed up and put his little newborn clothes away. Folding them made me a little sad. People told me they grew up fast... but I didn't realize that I'd be packing up clothes and putting them away for the next baby already. Jed's got to be at least 26 inches long by now. He's supposed to be 17 pounds at that length... but I think he's more like 13. He's long, all right, but he still has PERFECT little rolls at his ankles and thighs and chubby cheeks. His neck is surprisingly difficult to find beneath all that jowl. So, now all his clothes are just the right length but he still swims in them like a little monkey wearing man-clothes.

Oh, look, he's stirring.

I'll put up the new pictures later, ok?

No comments: