Monday, November 12, 2007

Michael's Bored

Well, we've been here in Indiana for a month and a half now. We've moved twice already. We bought a new car, a new washer, and have a brand new baby. Well, it seems like he's a new one every day because he shore the heck ain't the same baby I had last month! We've had a haircut or two and, well, Michael decided he was bored. Our life is in such a rut. After all, we've had this couch for four days now. He needed something to spice things up.

So he got a new job.

Yes, that would be a DIFFERENT new job than the new job he started last month.

We get bored easily around here.

He's been offered a position as an "Applications Analyst" which he was informed can mean whatever you want on a resume, but in this particular instance he will be a web manager. Rumor got around Vectren (the utility company where he's been working all along) that Michael has mad Photoshop skills, and so when one of the web managers up and quit they offered M the position. He will be a "front end developer," which means he won't be doing the heavy programming but instead will be managing their web user interface, graphic design, data flow, color, online promotion, e-business, etc. So, essentially, it is PERFECT for my computer and technology loving artistic genius. Same pay, same benes, same promise of an MBA, just that now it's a job that I think he's gonna love!

I actually promised Michael he could put this post up but I was in the mood for posting and I don't have anything else to talk about (more snot, more dishes, more diapers, ho hum) so, um, here is a special space for him to clarify and correct everything I said wrong:

-
-
-
-
-

OK that's enough. :c)

He starts the new job this week though they will be phasing him out of his old job for the next month. Kudos to my studmuffin spouse who is SO DESIRABLE that the departments of Vectren are fighting over him. What a man!

6 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Our lives are guided in mysterious ways.....guided being the key word! Congratulations!!!

Mike and Emily said...

I'm so excited for michael's new job! Also, I want to know about cooking with pumpkin! Tell me more!

Ra-call-dee... said...

Thats Great!!!! Sounds like he has loads in common with Seth (Taylor) and his mad graphic design skills. I love the Graphic world! It sounds like a fun job.

Ben Arkell said...

Can you believe my dad had the same job for 35 years? I would have died. I have had 3 in the last 2 years and hope to change many more. It get bored fast too.

Ben Arkell said...

"I" get bored fast too.

Kelli Ward said...

this sounds great. i am so excited for you. i am glad to hear that you are still in the art field now. that makes me so happy.