Wednesday, November 18, 2009

19th Century Boy

I love Jed's verbal patterns. He sounds like a little child from Charles Dickens.

"Mommia, Mommia, shall we build a temple now? Shall we? Shall we?"

Yesterday he climbed on to my lap after quiet time. He smiled and rested his head against my chest. Then he leaned back and looked at me with a quiet, luminous gaze. "Mom, did you have a lovely nap?" Yes, Jed. "I'm so glad you had a lovely nap, Mommia."

Maybe we've been reading a wee bit too much Peter Rabbit. But oh, the darlingness!

6 comments:

Jan said...

He is delicious! Can't wait for Friday night!

Mike and Emily said...

Wow! That is the cutest thing I've heard in a loooong time. Love him!

Meredith Stanfill said...

Keep reading from those wonderful English writers! I'm convinced that's one big reason my kids were articulate and had pretty big vocabularies. Amanda used to always say, "Mom isn't it a lovely day?" It could be pouring or blizzarding outside and she would say, "Mommy, isn't it a lovely day? It's such a beautiful day today."
All that sweet divinity beginning to blossom. There's nothing like it is there.
Okay I just realized I'm on Mere's log-in, but it's Momalicia, not Mere;o)

Carrie said...

So cute! Little kids are so darn fun and sweet.

Rachael said...

Yeah, but think how brilliant he will be (like his parents) when he's in school!

MomAlicia said...

Nineteenth century mother-->Nineteenth century boy;o)