Monday, March 5, 2007

Men and Lentils

My two adorable men snuggling on the couch. I never visualized myself living in a household full of testosterone, but thus far I find I rather enjoy my boys.


This week we learned something new from baby Jed. Apparently he really, really, really, really doesn't like it when his mommy has lentils for dinner. Poor kid stayed up crying all night long after my delicious new lentil dish! He was fussy even for a couple days afterward. Mom is fussy, too--no garlic, no onions, no chili peppers, no lentils??!! That pretty much eliminates, um, my entire diet!! I never realized how much spicy cooking I did until this little kid came along. I've been on allrecipes.com a lot lately, gotta expand my "boring food" cooking horizons.

Since the lentils got out of our systems, however, Jed has settled back into his usual happy little self. Today he sat around and gurgled and grunted like a little piglet all day, didn't cry even once. We're trying to settle into a night-time routine with a bath and relaxation time for baby after 8 or 8:30... but turns out mom and dad aren't very good at a routine. Poor kid is wildly varying between bed at 8 and bed at midnight. We all need practice with a routine, apparently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I loved looking at your blog; I got to the "Christmas Elves" pic and had to call it quits though! :)
Jed (Perry) is WICKED adorable and you all look very wonderful and happy. We are all so excited and happy for you!
Mel and Max