Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Splash!

Did you know that our little chunk-a-licious has such a high body fat percentage that he literally floats? Not his head, obviously, but last night Baby and I took a bath together and as long as I keep a steady hand under his noggin, the rest of him easily floats in the bath.

Thus far, Baby hasn't seemed all that hot about bath time. His favorite part, actually, seems to be when mom puts him on a little towel in front of the space heater and lets him have some "nakey" time before the bath. His arms flail about and he lets his legs lurch him around from side to side, enjoying full diaper freedom. Ah!

Yesterday, however, during our first mommy/baby bath time, Baby discovered what bath time is really all about: SPLASHING!!! I placed him on my stretched out legs, head towards me, feet out over my knees towards my feet. At first he just laid there, thoughtful, his usual bath expression of quiet enjoyment. At once, though, it seemed that he realized "Hey, I can kick these legs around in here! Hmmmm!" An experimental kick. A small smile swept across his face. Another kick, this time with both legs. Next thing we knew, he was going at it--full leg kicks, arms flinging about, water splashing everywhere and a HUGE smile pasted across that little fat face. Splash splash splash! He kept it going for more than thirty minutes and probably would have continued to the point of exhaustion if he hadn't started to look chilly.

I think bath time is a hit. The happiest we've ever seen our little piglet.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

this morning in our mommy/baby bathtime I realized that I will need to make S a swimdiaper soon, cuz he just loves the water!
Know anybody with a good swimdiaper pattern? I've got a fun ocean blue PUL to use for the outside! :-)