Friday, August 24, 2007

Uncles (and Abandonment)

Britton and Clark were down to visit recently. While here they decided to have a snack of Baby Jed. He really hated all the attention, as usual.


Speaking of Aunts and Uncles, Michael and I would like to lodge a formal squawking protest over the ABANDONMENT of our siblings for the far-reaches of the globe. This fall, every single one of our siblings and all but two of the cousins (THANK YOU Lacey and Claire!) will have left us for foreign parts. Who will fawn over Baby Jed? Whom will we invite over to dinner?

The departure of our loved ones isn't a total loss, however. For example, I am currently working on a computer cobbled together from parts in our "Stanfill Storage" basement left by Eric and Britton. Wahoo! Free computer! Well, at least until December.

Plus, we also get lots of hand-me-down food. No shopping necessary this week!

AND, we get a car! Courtesy of Emily. Yee hah. Maybe this abandonment thing won't be so bad anyway. :c)

Just kidding. You know we miss you all. Come home soon!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOA....you're "cobbling" my computer? That case had better not be opened...

Anonymous said...

Vanessa!!!!

I think Jed looks a TON LIKE YOU!!!! Those shots of him are so precious and I can totally see Dowdle in him!!!! See don't worry, at the begining its hard to tell sometimes but I knew it would come out more and more in him!!!! He's so cute and I bet his personality is going to be tremendous too!!!

Love, Chelsea

Mike and Emily said...

harumph. all i ask is that you put a picture of me in front of jed everyday, teaching him how to say my name so that he doesn't forget me. that's not too much to ask right?

Ben Arkell said...

Clark and Britton are all grown up!
Man, I am feeling old.

Ra-call-dee... said...

Hey Vanessa! So good to hear from you! I really think we need to find out all of the Nauvoo Sisters keeping Blogs and then post them on the Nauvoo Newsletter or something. I love to see the happenings of everyones life! By the, I love the pictures on your blog! Who is the photographer in your family? Any tips?

Anonymous said...

Well, that whole short thing must be the place where Jed can live happily ever after by his short Granny and Grandpa. I like that idea!

It's either there or at the gates of hell, yeah! Just to have a little spice in life.

Flat land = boring!!!! xoxoo