Friday, August 24, 2007

Weighing in at the Purple Poll

Perhaps our poll to the right of the page deserves some explanation. See, baby Jed has this pair of purple overalls with little multicolored turtles with hearts on their shells made by his Granny Zo'An. Since the first wearing of the purple overall, however, controversy rages throughout Utah Valley over whether purple is a legitimate wardrobe color for developing young males.

Vanessa's natural purple-loving reaction was: "Oh, adorable!!! What a cutie he'll be in those!"

Michael's Y chromosomes, however, were aroused in protest: "How will the child ever retain his masculinity in PURPLE??"

Since then, friends and family have weighed in on both sides of the controversy. Now it's time for YOU to put in your two cents and let us know: should baby Jed be allowed to wear purple?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm for purple too! Hello, he needs to develop his ahhhhhh artistic/purple side????

PURPLE is PERFECT! Z

Unknown said...

After being to France, I can honestly say that out of all of the magnificently dressed homosexuals not a one wore purple.

Anonymous said...

Oh COURSE-YES!!!!

He's a baby for pete's sake and there's no shame in that. It sounds like its a good shade of purple too. I want to see a picture of him wearing this outfit!!!!!! :]

Yeah! No worries, he'll be fine and be cuter than ever!

Love, Chelsea~a-fellow-purple-lover-always*

Mike and Emily said...

Mike sides with Michael, unequivocally. I waver in the middle. He could wear just about anything and be adorable. So....

Anonymous said...

Um, hi, you don't know me, but I am Leisa Hardman/Wallace's cousin and I totally think you should let him wear purple. It is my brother's favorite color and he is 100% hetero, married with 4.5 kids, and his boys sometimes wear purple.

Blair said...

Let the boy wear purple! Do you remember the things they (Zo'An and Karen) dressed Drew and Eric in? Tie die, crayon prints, plaid, etc. I am pretty sure my brother had a light pink suit, with mint green tie. And there isn't anything questionable about their sexuality . . . Come to think of it, Drew still wears purple, and pink too!

Ms. Keller said...

I submitted my purple vote on an earlier posting, so I am copying it to the real pole because I believe in the cause...

Okay, I am weighing in on the color purple pole. Vanessa! How can you even consider NOT enveloping your son with purple (and pink, and magenta) clothing?? Do you not recall the days that your brother Eric and Drew were dressed like "wind socks" (to quote Uncle Bobbo) with almost every color of the rainbow represented in one outfit?!?!?!?! Come on, where has your fashion sense gone to????? Get that boy into some real color!