Monday, October 8, 2007

Conference Weekend

Yesterday we presented quite a scene. After two days of rotting in front of the TV, several movies, very little bathing, a bag of Chocolate Turtle Chex Mix, a huge bowl of barbecue/sour cream potato chips, leftover shrimp/lemon linguine, olive-oil drenched foccaccia, ice cream, brownies, and candy bars, yesterday evening Michael, Annie and I lay sprawled out on their parents' couches, still in jammies and sweaters, bloated and groaning beneath a misty cloud of released noxious gas. ohhhhhhhhhhhh the suffering! Ohhhhhhhhh the heartburn! Ohhhhhhh the releasing of noxious gases! Oh, the joys of conference weekend!

Fantastic conference! Favorite talk has to be Sister Beck's talk on motherhood. Listen to it here, promise you're gonna love it.

Fun fact: check out this video. If you click on number 17, church membership, the eighth person they show, the cute waving girl, is my old mission companion Claudia Boscolo from Brazil! I screamed in excitement and jumped from my chair when I saw that. I miss her! I don't have her address so we aren't in touch, and seeing her happy face made my day.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Here, here! Wasn't the talk on motherhood great? Thanks for being a great example of a great mother, Vanessa!

Ra-call-dee... said...

Hey, I thought I saw her too! That is crazy, She looked like she had lost a lot of weight (is that rude) and then I couldn't put my foot on her name but I just remembered here being a Temple sister in Anaheim. Thats crazy!