Friday, July 24, 2009

Our Zoe - Pt. 1

Our little Zoe tumbled out, like a wet baby horse, all purple and dark haired, eyes squeezed shut. I scooped her up and held her close, her red lips mouthing silent words, and reveled in her beauty. Now, 11 days later, her skin has warmed and softened to a dark rosy pink, topped by a mass of incredibly soft black/brown hair. Jed loves to stand close and coo at her, squeakily rhapsodizing "Ooooooo, she is sooooooooo CUTE!" again and again while rubbing his cheeks in that soft cloud of black halo.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Oooo, I want to feel her hair to see if it's like Leah's was. L's hair was the softest thing I've ever felt...

Shiloh said...

Vanessa-- you are such a good writer. And your little Zoe is so precious! I'm just so happy for you! :) Wish I could see her (and you!) in person!