Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Washington D.C. Pt. 6

At last, we were on our way home. The night before we left, I got to see my beloved friend Megan, one of my closest childhood friends, and we laughed and chatted the whole night long. I don't even remember how long it has been since we had such a visit, at least 5 or 6 years, and oh how fun it was to be together again.
The next morning early early we had engagement photos (we'll cover that in the next post) and then we headed out for Charleston, WV, where we stayed the night. We stayed at a nice Marriott Hotel, courtesy of my darling brother Eric and his awesome discount. While we waited for our pizza dinner delivery, Jed and Zoe played superheroes, jumping onto the bed and catching quite a bit of air. \
As anticipated, this didn't end well and somebody got a nasty bonk. Here he is getting plenty of love from Mommy and gentle back pats from Zoe (who is a sweet little comforter whenever somebody gets hurt.)
He's all right!
All tuckered out and ready for bed, Mom!

2 comments:

The Santini Stew said...

I've thought a lot about our fun evening together! What a blessing to see you and your sweet little family! I sure love and miss you!

M

Anonymous said...

I see that Zoe Ann has that Dowdle tongue. Z