Friday, August 15, 2008

Education In Zion born at last

At last! The Education in Zion Project, where I spent one very busy and blissful year between graduation and Jedster's birth, opens this weekend! I am terribly excited to see it, too bad I live several thousand miles away. Anyone want to go stop by and give me the full review?

(A few personal comments: Emily, isn't it a miracle!? Shiloh, my darling wonderful friend, I beg, plead, and cajole with my cutest most begging-ful face for you to post some cool photos or at least your own take on it! I know you're newly moved and in grad school but PLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASE!?????)

You'll find the news release here and I did find a few photos:

3 comments:

Amanda Lynn, to be exact said...

Vannessa, it looks stunning. You should be incredibly proud. I promise to go and give you the full review as soon as I get to BYU! Love you!

Shiloh said...

haha! I was there last wednesday and I had to read your blog to get the scoop that it was open! I have lots o' pics, so I'll see what I can do. I could even send you a disk of my trove of images! But only in exchange for the pic michael took of all of us in the basement where Ansally is holding the Tyndale leg. I REALLY need that pic!

Annie Japannie said...

I've been gazing down from the forbidden 3rd floor of the JFSB for months now wondering when the mysterious exhibit was going to open... mainly because I had this irresistable urge to walk on the spiral staircase and I couldn't. So when I heard it was opening this week I was totally there.

Only halfway through the exhibit did I realize - "Hey. I wonder if this is the thing Vanessa was working on."

It was very cool. Very professionally done. Made me wish that we had more Mormon museums. Also, I really liked the giant painting of Nauvoo with the huge dramatic cloud.