Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Father/Son Bonding

Michael has started saying, "Bye, Jed, I love you!" whenever he leaves for work, leaves the room, etc. Jed has started muttering back "Bye wuv oo." Michael beams.

We've all read the cheesy online articles about how important it is for fathers to talk to their children while in utero, so the child will form a loving, trusting bond with his father even before birth. Michael takes this very seriously. Every day, he lifts my shirt and leans tenderly over to speak to his child. "I WANT TO EAT YOU!" he growls/yells into my stomach, then drops the shirt and walks away, snickering.

2 comments:

Mike and Emily said...

Mike uses my belly button as a megaphone. I hope our child can still hear.

Ali Howell said...

Does that mean you know what you are having? Is that another little boy that daddy is growling at???