Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baby Butter

I suppose we should introduce you to the other member of our family. Once upon a time, many moons ago, this little Cabbage Patch was MY doll named Janetta. Jed discovered and adopted her for his own, and now Jed has formally named her Baby Butter. Baby Butter goes everywhere with us, to bed, to playgroup, even to the grocery store (where she absolutely must wear a seatbelt in the cart.) At night, Jed squeezes her tight, and often his first words in the morning are uttered in a panic, "Where's Baby Butter?" (Answer: In your bed, Jed. Look under the blankets.)

As with Baby Z, Butter's gender is as yet unknown. Yesterday I tried to pry it out of Jed through a variety of questioning tactics.

Me: Jed, is Butter a boy or a girl?
Jed: No, Mom. (Looks serious)
Me: (addressing Butter) Butter, are you a boy baby?
Jed: No.
Me: But Jed, is Butter a girl baby or a boy baby?
Jed: No, Mom. (pause) Butter a green baby.

Ooooooookay...

So for now Butter retains the femininity I once bestowed upon her.

Jed and Butter get up to all sorts of hijinks. This morning, Jed happily roared Butter around the house, giving her a ride in his tiny shopping cart. Engrossed in some Primary preparation, I tuned them out, until I sensed someone behind me. I turned, and there was Jed, smiling up at me. "Want ride!" He held Butter up to the bar and explained that Butter was going to push him around now.
This is the video I got:

Even for a kid with twig legs, Jed was stuck in that cart tight like a fat sausage! It took my pregnant belly and I dressed in our Sunday best quite a bit of wrestling to get him out.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

That is AWESOME, lol. Poor Jed, he needs a BIG sibling... to push (and boss) him around. Hannah will be free for a couple of days if you need her :)

Britton Stanfill said...

He is just practicing to be able to get baby Z to push him around. He will make a great big brother. :o)

Kelsie Stanfill said...

AHHHHH... I miss my little Jedder Bug!!! I can't wait to see you guys again! BAAHHHHh! Oh he is tender!

Jan said...

This cracks me up !