Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pokey

Baby Z is the pokiest baby. Definitely a Stanfill. My stomach feels more like a bag of rocks and sticks down there than a roly-poly child. Figuring out the baby's position presents no problem at all, since Z's rear end feels like the edge of a big tin can, a hard ridge that you can almost grab in your palm. Jed was the stubborn foot-in-the-ribs-for-three-monthstype. But not this one. This baby is not content to merely squirm. Occasionally I get the very clear sensation that the kid takes both feet, curls up, and lets loose with both heels against my side. WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM! Hi Mom! Just now I laid down to take a nap with Jed, but I couldn't sleep with the little hard fists and feet pummeling, poking, kicking, banging... I think this baby wants OUT!

4 comments:

BBC said...

i didn't even know you were expecting! congrats! i'm due in september! did you pick out a name that starts with a z? how exciting!

Ryan and Brittany said...

Me Too!! This baby doesn't know how to move one limb at a time. She feels like she is in there throwing a giant tantrum all day long! Kicking and punching all at the same time. At least you are almost done!

Brooke said...

Leah and Elijah were both VERY active... Hannah, not so much, but she did get the hiccups 2-3 times a day :) For a while, I thought she just had a great sense of rhythm, lol!!
I'll have Leah sing the "Baby Want OUT!" song for you :)

Carrie said...

Sorry about the kicks. He already knows he's a second child and will need to make his presence known ;)