Monday, February 26, 2007

Baby Rock

So a couple mornings ago I asked Michael to take the fussy kid while I took a quick shower. (I shower often, did I mention that?) When I finished, I didn't hear any squalling from the living room... but I did hear some music playing. I assumed it was from the construction site across the street (We awake each morning now to the massaging vibrations of heavy machinery... ahhhhhh.... ) I emerged into the front room and there was my adorable spouse with a ridiculous grin on his face rocking the baby. Or should I say "rocking out" with the baby. "Hey, honey!" he said, "I'm helping him discover his musical tastes! He LOVES Pearl Jam!" Sure enough, there was baby with the blaring stereo and blissfully sleeping in his papa's arms, Here's an actual photo:

2 comments:

Jenni said...

S's daddy plays him Beatles and James Taylor. He always goes to sleep when daddy sings along with "Rock-a-bye Sweet Baby [S]" from the latter...

S's mommy (me) sings him primary songs and nursery rhymes and plays Kenny Loggins "Return To Pooh Corner" which is my favorite lullaby album. :-)

Michael said...

Well, I'm just glad Jed's daddy-o hasn't tried getting him into Wolfmother.... yet.