Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Momentous Day

Baby Jed turned a WEEK old yesterday. Wow! What a big boy! So far as I can tell he looks pretty much the same, but with a nice new layer of pink skin instead of the wrinkly/peely old-man skin with which he was born. His beautiful head of hair is still firmly attached and every time she comes over Granny Zo'An puts it into a curly mohawk (aka "ducky curl," but let's be honest--it's a mohawk!)
Today was a momentous day for me because......
I get to leave the bedroom!
Yahoo!
For the last week I've been under strict orders to stay to the bed so I can heal up some tearing from the birth. I was allowed to shuffle to the bathroom but that was it! As of today, however, I am permitted such wild activities as shuffling into the kitchen and living room, or maybe even to the COUCH! Pretty thrilling, eh?! Well, my backside is dang excited :c)
Uh oh, Jed's hungry, gotta run.
V

1 comment:

Jenni said...

My BEST advice (as a fellow recently-torn-during-deliver momma) is to keep your legs together as much as you possibly can. Really, that helped more than ANY other thing. I dind't learn that till a few days post partum, but once I did, things improved immensely. No sitting cross-legged on the bed to nurse. No way. Legs together!