Thursday, January 10, 2008

Book List

(I've been wanting for some time to do some book reviews. So to remind myself I started this list of books I've read this year. I'll fill it out, this is just an initial run by. If there is any you are particularly interested in hearing about, I'd be happy to elaborate. Otherwise, ignore this post for now and move onto the next.)

The Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency (and sequels) (Alexander McCall Smith)

A Gathering of Blue (Louise Lowry)

Silas Marner (George Elliot)

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (Lisa See)

Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman - An Assembly Such As This (Pamela Aidan)

Oliver Twist (Charles Dickenss)

John Adams (David McCullough) (Unfinished)

And Then There Was Light (unfinished)(Jaques Lusseyran)

Taking Charge of Your Fertility (Toni Weschler)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (Mark Haddon)

My Antonia (Willa Cather)

The Great Divorce (C.S. Lewis)

The Princess and the Goblin (George MacDonald)
and
The Princess and Curdie

A Grief Observed (C.S. Lewis)

Siddartha (Hermann Hesse)

At Home in Mitford (and some sequels)

Fear and Trembling (Soren Kierkegaard)

Crime and Punishment (unfinished) (Fyodor Dostoevsky)

The Diary of a Country Priest (Georges Bernanos)

Freakonomics (Stephen Levitt)

Twilight (and sequels)(Stephanie Meyer)

4 comments:

Ra-call-dee... said...

Hey, I am interested in the "Taking Charge of your Fertility" one and the Fitzwilliam Darcy one. Those sound pretty interesting. Will you be giving your reviews on your blog?

Elise said...

Okay, Vanessa. I am most interested in WHERE you find the time!!! How do you do it? Please elaborate on THAT for me, so I can find some reading time too!

Shiloh said...

Oh, how I miss the Book Club!!! It was good while it lasted I suppose! I'm going to have to pick up some of these books! I can't wait for your reviews! Now-- I need your honest opinion on the Twilight books---I read the first chapter but the writing made me ill. But everyone I know from children to grandmas who reads farther than that can't put them down until they've read all three at which point they sigh about their love for Edward and wanting a vampire lover. As a as of now non-reader of the books I'm alittle bit afraid to end up that way... advice please!

MKShelley said...

I also read The Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency and Twilight Series, and The Great Divorce. I'm a few pages shy of finishing Beowulf right now. Any suggestions on my next?