Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Slippery Talent

One of Jed's most spectacular new talents is his newfound ability to fall out of the bathtub. He gets all wet and soapy, stands up, then leans waaaaaay over the edge and "pop!" he's sliding across the floor on his slick little belly, just like the penguins in the movies. The penguins seem to enjoy it far more than he does. Especially since the brilliant designer of our apartment decided to put a heat register right in the middle of the 3'x3' square bathroom floor, so Jed has pretty little heat-register lines in red across his belly. Poor kid. Apparently it's going to be a long learning curve. I totally know how he feels. I'm still figuring out stairs.

Anyway, I shall drag myself away from the child focus for one moment. For I have good news! GREAT news, in fact! For Christmas Michael gave me the desire of my heart.... A NEW LAPTOP! Actually, even better, he let me buy my own with the refund check from his camera (that just arrived... one year later.) I surfed here and anguished there and compared here and pondered there and finally settled upon a rather ugly but utilitarian little PC laptop. An Acer Extensa. Specs:

AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile processor
15.4 in screen
160 Gig hard drive
2 gigs RAM
DVD multi layer reader and writer
Built in web cam

It's a pretty sweet little machiner, if I do say so myself, and all for the unbelievably low price of $500!!!!! I am absurdly proud of my shopping skilz.

One observation. Yes, it may be able to process like a mad dog, but it doesn't have volume buttons. Who designs these things???!?! Do these engineers just never USE computers like normal human beings? Or do they just sit around taking them apart and putting them back together? No offense to you computer hardward engineers, but you guys are a lot of dummies.

So the reason why this is good news for YOU, dear reader, is that now I can return to my regularly scheduled posting frenzy. No more sharing after Michael gets home and baby is in bed. YES!

No comments: