Thursday, February 7, 2008

Book Reviews

I mentioned some time ago that I wanted to post some book reviews. I love books. Someone asked where do I find the time--all it takes is a little imaginative propping. I read while I eat, I read while I dry my hair, I read on the pot, I read while I cook, I read while I nurse, I read while I brush my teeth, I read while my child bathes, I carry books in my car, I am rude and read in front of others. I have books strategically placed around the house--one by the bed, one in each bathroom, one in the kitchen, a couple in the living room, and usually one on tape in the car or on my ipod.

And yeah, I only have one child, but my reading reactivation after Jed's birth was actually inspired by Susan Warner, who manages to be well-read and she had TEN! She even has a little reading stand thing that props up books so she can read while she nurses. Where can I get my hands on one of those?!

I especially like discussing what I've read with others. Disagree with me? Go ahead, leave a comment, and we'll go at it. Agree with me? How boring. But stroke my ego and leave a comment telling me how brilliant I am. See, this is a win win situation!

Jamie asked me about a couple books on my list, so I'll look at those first. I don't actually have either of them on hand so sorry I can't be more specific about publishing or chapter content, etc.

1 comment:

Adria Davis Tingey said...

Music stands ladies, excellent for most books, and collapsible (mostly just when you want them to collapse) for storage.