Saturday, February 16, 2008

True Love, Last Part

Today was our Valentine's Day Observed. In between eating heart shaped pancakes and taking naps in a warm sunshiny bedroom, we spent a lot of time giggling and smooching. (I added that part just to make Eric gag. Though it is true.) This evening we went on a REAL date (no baby bean! We love him but didn't miss him too much.) Michael decided to (essentially) recreate one of our favorite dates back in the pre-marriage era, dinner at Biaggi's (as close as you can get to Carrabbas here) and then to Borders, where we browsed our favorite sections (me: cookbooks and classics, Michael: art books and history) and then settled right where we always do, in the comics section sitting on the floor and tittering hysterically like two foolish kids. Afterward we went to the coffee shop section for hot chocolate, more giggling, and playing footsie. And you know what, my husband is just as cute and clever and charming as I remember. Three years, two states, two degrees, and one child later, and I'm still in love. Our life is happier, sillier, and more meaningful than I ever dreamed. Guess we've still got it. This must be True Love.

No comments: