Wednesday, February 13, 2008

True Love Pt. 6

Tonight I was nursing Jedster down to sleep after our usual bath/book/song routine. He gulped it down until he seemed to have his fill, and then he sat himself up. He looked over at his daddy on the computer and started grunting, "Dad!" "Dad!" "Dad!" (In Jed-speak which is an "eh!" crossed with gulping noise.) Michael looked over and smiled. He started up toward Jed with his arms outstretched but then Jed had a mild panic attack and realized he hadn't filled his tummy yet. He turned frantically back to mommy to fill up on the other side. Michael sat down, unsurprised but disappointed. Ten seconds later, though, after gulping down every last drop of milk from that side, Jed sat up again. "Dad!" Michael looked up. "Dad!" Michael started toward us again and Jed got a huuuuge smile and giggled, wrapped his arms around his daddy's neck, and together they walked upstairs to bed.

Seeing those chubbby arms tight around my husband's neck is just about the sweetest sight I've ever beheld. That's true love, my friends. That's true love.




PS - We are formally declaring Saturday as Valentine's day here at our house, but while you're feeling romantic, check out Mod-mom's Valentine's Give-Away or the Write-Away contest on the topic of LOVE that will be published the 22nd. Might as well make all these gooshy postings matter, eh?

4 comments:

Jacob said...

I really liked all your True Love posts. Thanks - they reminded me how grateful I am for the amazing husband I have and the little guy growing inside me!

Have a very Happy Valentine's Day! (we're celebrating on Saturday as well...but I'm at least making a special cake for Jacob tomorrow!)

ps-Oh, and we tried out the sweet potato burritos...yummy is right!

mod*mom said...

you're sweet valentine!

i added you to my valentine's blogroll :)

be sure to enter each of my giveaways to win prizes before midnight, valentine's day :)

Scribbit said...

What a nice series! Happy Valentine's Day!

Ali Howell said...

I just love how national holidays get moved around to accomodate babysitters and work schedules when you are a parent. At our house Valentines day fell either last saturday...or next saturday...which ever date night turns out the most romantic i guess!